RELEASE NUMBER 28/17
HONOLULU, HAWAII – Outrigger Enterprises Group announced its 2016 Po‘okela Excellence in Leadership Awards winners, recognizing exceptional employees, teams and properties who have made remarkable contributions to the success of Outrigger. Avery Aoki, vice president of finance, was honored with the Chief Executive Officer Award.
“With 31 years of experience at the company, Avery’s quiet leadership is invaluable to Outrigger as we continue to grow and expand,” said Scott Dalecio, president and chief executive officer, Outrigger Enterprises Group. “Avery consistently demonstrates the highest levels of professionalism, skill and commitment to The Outrigger Way to get the job done.”
Aoki joined Outrigger as a controller in 1986. In 1990 he was promoted to director of finance, followed by vice president of finance & accounting in 1995. Since becoming vice president of finance, Aoki has helped the company navigate global accounting and financial operations. He continues to provide tremendous leadership, refining, implementing and executing processes that create efficiency across the company’s operations in Asia Pacific. Born and raised in Hawaii, Aoki is a graduate of the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
The following individuals, teams and properties were also presented with Po‘okela Awards for accomplishments far exceeding expectations or goals:
- Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort
- Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger®
- Maria Alaveras, sales manager retail travel, wholesale & industry partners
- Czarina Lam, director of revenue management, OHANA® Hotels by Outrigger®
- Bill Rees, general manager, The Kapalua Villas Maui
- Castaway Island, Fiji Resort Men for Women’s Human Rights Team
- DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Integration Team
- Embassy Suites by Hilton™ – Waikiki Beach Walk® Sales and Revenue Management Team
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Finance Team
- Unifocus Time and Attendance System Team
The Po‘okela Awards are designed for Outrigger Enterprises Group to express appreciation for its team members for their accomplishments, to honor excellence and to celebrate the embodiment of The Outrigger Way.