Outrigger Enterprises Group is one of the largest and fastest growing privately-held global hospitality companies in the Asia-Pacific, Oceania and Indian Ocean regions and continues to expand its presence throughout the area.
Guided by more than 68 years of family leadership, Outrigger runs a highly successful, multi-branded portfolio of hotels, beachfront resorts, condominiums and vacation resort properties, including Outrigger® Resorts, OHANA® Hotels and Resorts, Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger®, Embassy Suites®, Holiday Inn®, Best Western®, Wyndham Vacation Ownership® and Hilton Grand VacationsTM. Currently, Outrigger operates and/or has under development 40 properties with approximately 9,000 rooms located in Hawaii; Guam; Fiji; Thailand; Mauritius; Maldives; Vietnam; and Hainan Island, China.
Outrigger Enterprises Group also operates and develops hotel properties and hospitality-related retail and real estate opportunities for partners in Hawaii, the Pacific, the mainland USA and Asia. For online information, log on at www.outriggerenterprisesgroup.com and www.outrigger.com.
BRANDS AND AFFILIATES
No longer just a single-brand hospitality company, Outrigger Enterprises Group now offers and operates a wide variety of accommodation choices in Hawaii and the Asia-Pacific area to meet the needs of all vacationers:
- Outrigger® Resorts - Located in some of the most desirable resort destinations in Hawaii, Guam, Fiji, Thailand, Mauritius and Maldives with other locations to follow, the Outrigger® Resorts brand offers guests deluxe accommodations and superior service when staying at any of the brand’s full-service oceanfront hotels and resorts.
- OHANA® Hotels and Resorts - A mid-priced, leisure hotel brand offering island-style hospitality and competitively-priced accommodations in Waikiki on the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton® – Waikiki Beach Walk® – The only full service, all-suite hotel resort on the Hawaiian island of Oahu offering one- and two-bedroom suites, plus the Embassy branded line of complimentary amenities, including a full cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and a two-hour manager’s reception every evening.
- Holiday Inn® Resort Waikiki Beachcomber – Holiday Inn® Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is Hawaii’s only Holiday Inn® branded hotel. This Hawaii property enjoys a central location just a block from famous Waikiki Beach and along the shopping, dining and entertainment mecca of Kalakaua Avenue, with the iconic International Market Place just next door (currently under construction and scheduled to reopen in spring 2016).
- Ala Moana Hotel – Honolulu’s landmark hotel located just minutes from Waikiki, adjacent to the Ala Moana Center, the largest open-air mall in the world, and across from the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Best Western The Plaza Hotel – A comfortable airport hotel at the Honolulu International Airport and managed by Outrigger Enterprises Group.
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership – Wyndham Vacation Ownership is the world’s largest vacation ownership company. In Hawaii, Outrigger provides property management services for Wyndham properties on two Hawaiian islands.
- Hilton Grand Vacations – A division of Hilton World Wide, recognized as the leading global hospitality company, has joined the portfolio of global brands managed by Outrigger in Hawaii. Outrigger provides comprehensive on site property management services.
MISSION & PHILOSOPHY
The vision of Outrigger Enterprises Group is to create a globally recognized brand that is defined by its high quality product offerings. The company’s mission is to work as a family in harmony with the culture and environment of the places where it does business.
It strives to accomplish this by cultivating its employees to perform at the highest quality–providing guests with distinctive hospitality and service. As a Hawaii-born company, Outrigger Enterprises Group embraces values from the Hawaiian culture that transcend to all societies and brings “Aloha” to destinations around the world.
Outrigger’s unique corporate culture reflects its Hawaiian background and stresses the Island concept of ho‘okipa, hospitality. Each employee is part of a continuing education process called Ke ‘Ano Wa‘a, The Outrigger Way, which emphasizes various aspects of the local culture and unique hospitality. This approach to hospitality is particularly well suited to the company’s Asia-Pacific locations, since each destination’s local traditions embrace similar values, making Ke ‘Ano Wa‘a universally appealing.
HISTORY AND BACKGROUND
Outrigger Enterprises Group began more than 68 years ago as the dream of Roy Kelley, who pioneered the concept of reasonably-priced hotel rooms in Waikiki, Hawaii. Together, Roy Kelley and his wife Estelle brought the dream of a vacation in Hawaii within reach of the average traveler. In doing so, they not only created what has become the largest hospitality management company in Hawaii, they also changed forever the face of Hawaii’s visitor industry.
Roy and Estelle Kelley have since passed away. Their son, Dr. Richard R. Kelley, is chairman emeritus, with their grandson, Dr. Charles “Chuck” Kelley, now serving as chairman of the board. Day-to-day operations and leadership of the company, including all major strategic decisions, are the responsibility of David Carey, president and chief executive officer.
Today, Outrigger is the largest hotel management company in Hawaii and continues to be a privately-held company owned by the Kelley family.
OUTRIGGER EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
Outrigger Enterprises Group acquires as well as initiates new hospitality-related developments in Hawaii and the Asia-Pacific region. Over the past decade the company has led renovations and developments worth more than US$1.5 billion. Its values-based management style encourages collaboration and innovation to inspire and lead its diversifying operations. As a privately-owned company, Outrigger Enterprises Group has the flexibility to deliver innovative financial packages and craft a range of viable business arrangements.
The company’s Waikiki Beach Walk®, the largest development project in the history of Waikiki, set a new standard for retail-hotel-entertainment venues. Since its completion in 2007, the eight-acre, US$535-million complex has transformed an aged section of Waikiki into a modern, dynamic commercial center. Outrigger Enterprises Group continues to envision and successfully complete distinctive, high-profile developments in Hawaii, Asia-Pacific, and around the world.
In the ever-changing world of technology, Outrigger Enterprises Group delivers electronic solutions that allow it to seamlessly connect with travel partners and guests before, during and after their stay. The company was one of the first hotel company’s in the world to introduce a dedicated website and utilize the web for booking reservations.
Outrigger has been effective in applying technology to help it streamline its marketing efforts. Through utilizing search optimization, strategic linking, email marketing, and connecting with over 1,700 web partners through the Pegasus network, Outrigger’s online reservations have grown at a double-digit pace every quarter.