B Here: Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger Celebrates Official Grand Opening
RELEASE NUMBER 18|19
HONOLULU – On Monday, April 29, Outrigger Hospitality Group celebrated the official grand opening of the all-new Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger – marking the brand’s first lifestyle hotel in the center of Waikiki. Following an extensive $35 million modernization, the “by Outrigger” property has reinterpreted this iconic address as a contemporary Hawaii beach house.
The entirely new street presence is replete with driftwood cedar, sea glass tiles, native puka stone
The celebratory event at Waikiki Beachcomber commenced with a traditional Hawaiian blessing by Kumu Blaine Kia and Kahu Kaipo Ho. A ceremonial maile-lei untying was done by Jeff Wagoner, Outrigger Hospitality Group’s president
“We are honored to celebrate the grand opening of Waikiki Beachcomber among friends and partners who have contributed to its authenticity and success,” said Jeff Wagoner. “Outrigger’s legacy in Waikiki spans more than 70 years and this modernization is the first of
At the event, guests were invited to meet The Beachcomber Originals – an alliance of extraordinary artisans and tastemakers who contributed to the hotel’s original Waikiki vibes. Interactive vignettes with The Beachcomber Originals took place throughout the property, such as beer tasting with Garrett Marrero, founder of Maui Brewing Co., a photo booth with prominent underwater photographer Zak Noyle and a live hands-on painting opportunity with Erin Ibarra who created the property’s “Floors of Flora.”
“I long wondered what it might sound like to invite the ancient and contemporary voices of Hawai‘i – ipu
In envisioning the sound of The Waikiki Beachcomber, I was given the opportunity to explore, discover and ultimately create a new kind of music that celebrates our unique sense of place in a fashion that speaks to today’s world,” said Makana.
Property highlights of the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger include:
• An entirely new street presence that re-interprets this iconic address as a contemporary Hawaii beach house, replete with driftwood cedar, sea glass tiles, native puka stone
• Contemporary, Hawaii-inspired design and revamp of all 498 guest rooms
• Updated lobby and public spaces, including the corridors, elevators and hotel exterior
• Refreshed pool area with all-new furniture and an expanded infinity-style hot tub overlooking Kalakaua Avenue
• New in-room technology, including 55-inch flat-screen TVs with the ability to stream from mobile devices and use personal YouTube, Netflix and Hulu accounts
• Unique guest amenities, including custom yukata-style bathrobes in each room
B playful, B inspired, B original at the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger. Book a brand new room today at both Outrigger.com and WaikikiBeachcomber.com or by calling +1-866-956-4262. Follow Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger on Instagram at @beachcomberhi to celebrate the #WaikikiVibes and check out the featured artwork as part of its new “B Original” network.
Click HERE for high-resolution images of Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger
Click HERE for a PDF of this release.
# # #