TRAVELING TO HAWAII
For the safety and well-being of both residents and guests, the State of Hawaii has established a multi-layer testing and screening process for all incoming travelers.
Before traveling to Hawaii – we strongly recommend that all travelers visit Hawaii’s official tourism website GoHawaii.com for the most current, up-to-date information and travel procedures.
Learn more at the State of Hawaii Department of Health Safe Travels Hawaii website with an FAQ on Pre-travel Testing Program
- Pre-Travel Testing: this program enables travelers to avoid a mandatory 14-day quarantine if they are tested no earlier than 72-hours before their flight arrives with an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from the state of Hawaii’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners list and show proof of a negative test result upon arrival. No testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport.
- Safe Travels Program: all travelers coming into the state are required to register and complete the online Safe Travels Program form. Save time during your arrival screening process by completing it no sooner than 24-hours before you depart at: https://travel.hawaii.gov.
Additional information on the quarantine process for each island can be found HERE.
- All guests should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to stay at any Outrigger owned/managed properties. Reservations may be subject to cancellation where prohibited.
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF OPERATIONS
In the best interest of our guests, hosts and the community – Outrigger will temporarily suspend operations at some of its locations. During the time-frames noted below, no reservations will be available for these affected properties.
In Hawaii, the following properties will temporarily suspend operations for the dates noted:
OHANA Waikiki East by Outrigger: now through December 20, 2020
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger: now through October 31, 2020
Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort: now through March 31, 2021
Waipouli Beach Resort & Spa Kauai by Outrigger: now through September 30, 2020
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort remains open. Any affected guests in Waikiki will be moved to this beachfront property.
In the Asia-Pacific region, the following properties will temporarily suspend operations for the dates noted:
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort: now through November 1, 2020
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort: now through December 1, 2020
For guests traveling to Hawaii that learn they do not meet the state COVID-19 testing requirements, modification and cancellation fees may be waived with supporting documentation.Learn more
For Outrigger Hotels and Resorts – With some very limited exceptions*, cancellation fees will be waived for new bookings made between March 9-December 1, 2020, for arrivals through June 30, 2021, as long as the cancellation is made at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
For Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger – With some very limited exceptions*, cancellation fees will be waived for new bookings made between March 9-December 1, 2020, for arrivals through March 31, 2021, as long as the cancellation is made at least 5 days prior to arrival.
*Select exceptions apply during festive year end periods and for select offers. Guests are encouraged to review the cancellation and deposit policies when making a reservation to ensure they understand the reservation rules for each reservation.
For all other arrival dates, existing cancellation policies remain in place. This includes waiving fees for cancellations due to flight cancellation.
To modify or cancel a current booking, guests and travel industry professionals are advised to call the Outrigger reservations team for assistance.
Toll-Free U.S., Guam and Canada
Mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented time. We wholeheartedly look forward to welcoming you all of our Outrigger properties in the near future.
Outrigger will continue to monitor the situation and will update this policy as needed. For additional information, please visit:
- GoHawaii.com Special Alerts & Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Restaurants, Retail and Amenities
Amended hours of operation are outlined at the links below. Due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, we appreciate your understanding as hours may continue to shift and changes take place within the retail/restaurant outlets.