E Komo Mai | Welcome Safely to Hawaii
We look forward to welcoming you with aloha and invite you to enjoy Hawaii’s natural beauty, extraordinary open spaces and signature hospitality – while also helping to keep Hawaii safe.
We are pleased to share that beginning Oct. 15, 2020, travelers to Hawaii who have a valid, negative COVID-19 test result prior to arriving at Hawaii’s airports can bypass the 14-day quarantine. The following information will acquaint you with new safety protocols and precautions you will need to adhere to, both before flying to Hawaii and while in the Islands. For the most current, up-to-date information, please visit Hawaii’s official tourism website – GoHawaii.com.
- Travelers of all ages who provide a negative Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab will be exempt from the mandatory 14-day quarantine if testing is completed no more than 72 hours in advance of arrival.
- If a negative result is not available by time of arrival, quarantine is necessary until a negative test result is received.
- All travelers (visitors and returning residents) of all ages are subject to the pre-test requirement.
- Individuals are responsible for the cost of the test.
- Travelers (visitors and returning residents) will not be able to get tested upon arrival in Hawaii because this is a pre-travel testing program.
- No commercial COVID-19 NAAT testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport. Travelers without the pre-test will be subject to the state’s 14-day mandatory quarantine.
- All travelers coming into the state will be required to complete the online Safe Travels Program form.
- Travelers will be able to upload their negative test result when they complete their travel and health forms on the Safe Travels digital system, found at travel.hawaii.gov.
The pre-test is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, completion of the State Travel and Health form, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher. This multi-layered screening process allows travelers to again come to Hawaii while continuing to protect the health of the community. For the most up-to-date information on pre-arrival testing, click HERE for the latest from Hawaii Tourism Authority.
Properties we operate in Hawaii that are currently open include: Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger, Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk and Honolulu Airport Hotel. All of our Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger are also now taking reservations and the great mix of retail and restaurants at Waikiki Beach Walk are serving customers again.
With a phased approach, we will being opening up our Hawaii properties that temporarily suspended operations – starting with Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger.
The well-being of our hosts and guests remain a top priority and we look forward to again providing Outrigger’s signature island hospitality at all of our premier beach resort destinations.