E Komo Mai | Welcome Safely to Hawaii
Beginning Sept. 1, 2020, travelers to Hawaii who have a valid negative COVID-19 test result prior to arriving at Hawaii’s airports will not be subject to the 14-day quarantine.
Please note: this new date is tentative and will be re-evaluated. While specific details and protocols are still being finalized, the following information has been provided from the Governor’s office:
- Travelers will be exempt from the 14-day quarantine if they test negative after taking a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours in advance of travel.
- The test must be a nucleic acid amplification test or NAAT test conducted at a CLIA-certified laboratory.
- If test results are not available by the time of arrival in Hawaii, the traveler will remain in quarantine until their test results are received. If the test results are negative and can be verified, the traveler will then be exempt from the quarantine.
- All travelers are subject to the pre-test requirement, including children of all ages.
- Travelers are responsible for the cost of the test.
- No commercial testing will be provided at Hawaii airports.
The pre-test is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, completion of the State Travel and Health form, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher.
This multi-layered screening process allows travelers to again come to Hawaii while continuing to protect the health of the community. For the most up-to-date information on pre-arrival testing, click HERE for the latest from Hawaii Tourism Authority.
Properties we operate in Hawaii that are currently open include: Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger, Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk and Honolulu Airport Hotel. All of our Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger are also now taking reservations and the great mix of retail and restaurants at Waikiki Beach Walk are serving customers again.
With a phased approach, we will being opening up our Hawaii properties that temporarily suspended operations – starting with Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger.
The well-being of our hosts and guests remain a top priority and we look forward to again providing Outrigger’s signature island hospitality at all of our premier beach resort destinations.