Lau lau, slack key, and aloha, Outrigger-style
Release Number: 86/14
WAIKIKI, HONOLULU, HAWAII – This year, Outrigger Resorts is getting in full Aloha Festivals spirit with a host of lively events, including a Hawaiian luau luncheon and show at Kani Ka Pila Grille at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort, appearances by the Aloha Festivals Royal Court and a special Ku Ha‘aheo show featuring live Hawaiian music and hula.
“Aloha Festivals is a special time of year in Hawaii and we are delighted to help share the unique history and traditions of our island culture with our celebration of Aloha Festivals,” said Bitsy Kelley, vice president of corporate communications for Outrigger Enterprises Group. “We invite kamaaina and visitors to enjoy the special cultural activities we have in store throughout our properties.”
Schedule of Aloha Festival Activities
Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
2169 Kalia Road
- Sept. 20, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Kamaaina and visitors are invited to celebrate Aloha Festivals Outrigger-style with a special luau luncheon at Kani Ka Pila Grille. Lau lau, kalua pork and lomi salmon will be on the buffet, and Na Hoku Hanohano winner Mark Yamanaka will perform on stage. The lineup will also include Ho‘okena, one of the newest groups to join the Kani Ka Pila Grille’s nightly schedule of entertainment, and the 2014 Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search winners, Kaiao. The Aloha Festivals Royal Court will make a special appearance at the start of the luau. Attendees are encouraged to bring both their appetite and camera. Tickets are $45 for adults and $20 for keiki ages 4-10, inclusive of tax and tip. For reservations, call 808-924-4990. Validated valet parking is $6 for 5 hours.
- Sept. 26, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Members of Hawaii’s treasured senior community will share the gift of hula in the hotel’s front lobby with a special Kupuna Hula Show in celebration of Aloha Festivals. The Aloha Festivals Royal Court will make a special appearance during the show at 10:30 a.m.
Waikiki Beach Walk®
226 Lewers Street
- Sept. 26, 10 a.m. – The Aloha Festivals Royal Court will make a special appearance at Waikiki Beach Walk® for picture taking.
- Sept. 26, 4:30 to 6 p.m. – The Ku Ha‘aheo show will feature an appearance by the Aloha Festivals Royal Court, along with live entertainment by Blaine Kia, Halau Ka Waikahe Lani Malie and the Kekaniwai Hawaiian Serenaders. The program will include the presentation of ho‘okupu, or gifts, from Outrigger Resorts executives and staff to the Aloha Festivals Royal Court.
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
2335 Kalakaua Avenue
- Sept. 26, 11:15 a.m. – Presentation and photo taking with the Aloha Festivals Royal Court in the upper lobby of the hotel.
For more information on Aloha Festivals, please visit www.alohafestivals.com.
– 30 –