Outrigger Dives into World Oceans Month with ‘Living Coral’ Inspired Cocktails and OZONE Eco-Activities
RELEASE NUMBER 19|19
HONOLULU – For the last five years, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has set out to save the coral reefs and create a tidal wave of global change as part of its OZONE conservation initiative. With pollution and mass bleaching impacting the world’s oceans and putting coral at risk, Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE) is put into action each day by educating guests with hands-on activities, promoting green initiatives and organizing volunteer local projects, all which support coral conservation and protect the well-being of ocean environments surrounding the brand’s iconic beachfront destinations.
This June, as part of World Oceans Month, Outrigger properties worldwide are rolling out a new “Living Coral” cocktail program inspired by the 2019 PANTONE Color of the Year, with proceeds benefiting coral health and resiliency on a global and local level.
In addition to enjoying coral-conscious cocktails by the beach, Outrigger invites guests to get in the OZONE mind-set by participating in unique conservation experiences that help preserve and protect the ocean’s coral. From simple actions such as local beach clean-ups and wearing reef-friendly sunscreen, to immersive activities that include planting coral nurseries at Outrigger Resorts in Fiji and snorkeling with a resident marine biologist at Outrigger in the Maldives, the hospitality brand encourages guests to become part of the solution, now more than ever.
“World Oceans Month calls attention to the vital role that the sea plays in our everyday lives; because it’s in Outrigger’s brand DNA to care for the planet year-round, our OZONE platform provides an opportunity for our guests and hosts to take an active role in fighting for the sustainable future of our oceans,” said Monica Salter, vice president of corporate communications for Outrigger Hospitality Group. “In addition to offering PANTONE color of the year “Living Coral” inspired cocktails this summer, our resort properties will continue providing enriching eco-activities which protect our oceans from harm and help them to thrive for generations to come.”
As part of the 2019 OZONE program, Outrigger has launched a new and impactful website –Outrigger.com/OZONE – where guests and eco-conscious consumers from around the world can learn about the brand’s conservation initiative, explore interesting facts about coral reefs and ultimately take an active role in fighting for the future of our oceans. Outrigger is also sporting a new “Living Coral” colored OZONE logo through the end of 2019 to boost awareness of the importance of thriving coral reefs.
Sip and Save the Reefs
Being environmentally conscious is always on-trend, so once PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral was chosen as the 2019 color of the year – Outrigger knew it wanted to create a line-up of fun, flirty cocktail and mocktail offerings that harness the power of coral while also driving support for ocean health. Kicking-off World Oceans Month this June through the year’s end, select on-property restaurants at Outrigger properties will be offering a unique selection of living-coral-colored cocktails, with proceeds benefitting various local non-profits that tie back to the OZONE mission.
Some highlights of Outrigger’s 2019 “Living Coral” cocktail program include:
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort: the Ehukai and the Coral Reef – two rum-forward cocktails from Kani Ka Pila Grille and The Reef Bar & Market Grill
- Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort: South Shore Burst at Hula Grill, Coral Skyy Sunrise at Blue Note Hawaii and Living Coral Sangria at the Voyager 47 Club Lounge
- Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger: the Clean Wave, featuring a mix of Kapena li hing mui-infused tequila, chili pepper-infused gin and muddled strawberry and pineapple served up at Maui Brewing Co.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk: the Coral Reef-
resherwith guava puree and locally made moonshine Okolehau
- OHANA Waikiki East by Outrigger: the Sakura Sea Samurai with tequila, lychee
andgrapefruit served at Tanaka of Tokyo
- OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger: the Malia Mezcal Monitpora at Rivals with Campari and jalapeno
- Outrigger Guam Beach Resort: the Coral Pink Sands Margarita with a Himalayan Pink sea salt rim
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort & Outrigger Koh Samui Beach Resort: the Coral Island cocktail with lychee, ginger and lotus petals
- Outrigger Konotta Maldives Beach Resort: the Pink Grapefruit and Pomegranate Martini with a splash of pomegranate juice and lime
- Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort: the Crystal Rock with the chef’s secret edible coral and Orange Crush with caramelized orange on top
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort & Castaway Island, Fiji: the My Coral Coast Cocktail with gin, Chambord and hibiscus syrup as well as the Passion Coral Cocktail with rum, triple sec and passionfruit
Corresponding non-profits include: Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii, Phuket Marine Biological Center in Thailand, Micronesian Conservation Coalition in Guam, Reef Conservation in Mauritius and more…
Details and drink recipes can be found at: Outrigger.com/OZONE.
Inviting Guests to Get in the OZONE
Located on iconic beaches in Hawaii, Thailand, Guam, Fiji, Mauritius and Maldives, Outrigger remains dedicated to marine preservation and works year-round on a range of initiatives to generate awareness for the cause, as well as create opportunities for guests to help support the conservation of our marine ecosystems. In celebration of World Oceans Month, each of Outrigger’s beachfront resort properties across the globe invite guests to get their hands wet and participate in an array of immersive OZONE activities and volunteer projects.
Those inspired to stay at Outrigger properties worldwide can save use the promo code “
Media can download OZONE imagery at: https://tinyurl.com/yxs2xbfh
Click here for a PDF of this release.
# # #