Outrigger Launches “Caring for our Coral Reefs” Sweepstakes for World Oceans Month
RELEASE NUMBER 15/21
WAIKIKI – In honor of World Oceans Month this June, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts is eager to continue its support in protecting and sustaining the oceans and the species that inhabit it. According to experts, 100% of coral reef habitats around the world may nearly be eliminated by 2100, due to rising sea temperatures and acidic waters; and an alarming 70-90% of coral reefs will disappear over the next 20 years because of climate change and pollution. Outrigger is committed to creating a wave of global change as part of its ongoing OZONE (Outrigger’s ZONE) program, bringing ocean health and coral reef conservation to the forefront of its everyday operations.
Now through June 20, 2021 – Outrigger is hosting the Caring for our Coral Reefs Sweepstakes, a historic sweepstakes to raise awareness for coral care and offer consumers a chance to win the largest prize package ever offered by the premier beachfront hospitality brand. The prize is an ultimate Hawai‘i getaway, which includes:
- Five-night stay in the luxurious Grand Navigator Suite at the transformed Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
- Airfare for two from Hawaiian Airlines (nearest gateway city)
- Sunset Tour for two on the Holokai Catamaran
- Exclusive Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tour for two
- VIP seating and $200 gift certificate to watch live music at the legendary Kani Ka Pila Grille
- Outrigger’s ZONE sustainable gift pack
- Voyager 47 Club Lounge access
Those looking to experience Hawai‘i at its finest and support ocean health can enter at OutriggerSweepstakes.com.
After submitting the online entry, entrants will be prompted to receive additional entries by following Outrigger’s social media channels and being part of Outrigger’s DISCOVERY loyalty program. Registrants must be 18 years of age or older and be a resident of U.S. or Canada. Please visit OutriggerSweepstakes.com for official rules and details.
“As a Hawai‘i-born, beach resort brand – protecting our oceans and caring for our coral reefs is embedded into Outrigger’s corporate culture; it’s a cause we take to heart and champion daily,” said Monica Salter, vice president of global communications and social responsibility at Outrigger Hospitality Group. “World Oceans Month serves as a catalyst to engage with our guests in new ways – from this year’s historic Caring for our Coral Reef sweepstakes to working with inspiring organizations and artists including Sustainable Coastlines and Ethan Estess.”
Make Big Waves for Global Change
Through its OZONE program, Outrigger has championed ocean and coral health by planting, preserving and protecting more than 100 football fields of coral since the launch of OZONE in 2014. This World Oceans Month, Outrigger will host enriching eco-activities at its hotels and resorts in Hawai‘i, Fiji and Mauritius – ranging from beach clean-up events, pop-up aquarium experiences and more – creating engaging opportunities for guests to make a sustainable splash this year:
- Cheers to Coral Health: A specially curated coral-themed cocktail will be served at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort’s Kani Ka Pila Grille and Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger’s Hawaiian Aroma Caffe throughout June and a portion of the proceeds will go to Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii.
- Pop-Up Reefs: Waikīkī Aquarium, a pioneer in coral cultivation will host intimate pop-up aquarium experiences at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort and Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort throughout June, alternating locations weekly on Mondays for guests to enjoy.
- Friendship Bracelets (Kupe‘e): Inspired by custom sustainable rope artwork now being created for Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort by marine scientist turned sustainability artist Ethan Estess – guests can join in creating sustainable and cultural kai (ocean) kupe‘e and marine-plastic kupe‘e using salvaged fishing rope and recycled microplastics every Thursday in June at Outrigger Reef and every Saturday in June at Outrigger Waikiki.
- All in this Together: Outrigger is partnering with Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii to host a collective town beach clean-up event on June 26, allowing guests to take part in sustainable tourism efforts alongside Outrigger hosts and local residents. In addition, similar community OZONE activations will be taking place at all Outrigger Resorts globally – including Fiji and Mauritius.
- The Outrigger Way: Outrigger hosts (employees) have joined in an internal sustainability pledge to use reusable metal water bottles in an effort to eliminate single-use plastics on-property and beyond; guests are encouraged to follow suit and utilize the properties’ state-of-the-art water stations to fill up.
- Coral Reef-Safe SPF 30: Outrigger continues to supply visitors with reef-safe sunscreen from All Good – an easy way to care for coral reefs while enjoying the Waikīkī
- Sea Art: View ocean-debris art on display from Stacey Garmshausen in the lobby of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort for World Oceans Month in June as well as plastic-free July. Additional ocean-debris art will be seen at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort from artists Kat Kazlauskas and Shannon McCarthy.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE ALOHA STATE
As part of the Safe Travels Hawai‘i program, travelers with a negative COVID-19 test result from a trusted travel partner, 72-hours prior to arriving to O‘ahu will not be subject to a 10-day quarantine. Visit https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel for the latest information on COVID-19 travel procedures and regulations.
Click HERE for a PDF of this release.
# # #