Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort Rolls Out New Vegan Menu
RELEASE NUMBER 83|18
A handful of Outrigger’s new vegan meals include: Hibiscus Poached Pear, Molten Guava Lava and Caramelized Gnocchi
HONOLULU, HAWAII – Outrigger Resorts is proud to introduce new vegan menu offerings at The Reef Bar & Market Grill and Kani Ka Pila Grille located at the company’s iconic Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort. In keeping up with the growing demand for a greater vegan selection, Outrigger’s beachfront and poolside culinary hotspots will provide guests an array of delicious and healthy bites starting this month.
“Pairing Hawaii’s thriving locavore movement with the growing demand for more vegan options in the restaurant industry, our expanded menu offerings at The Reef Bar & Market Grill and Kani Ka Pila Grille are sure to please our guests while attracting a wider audience of diners searching for fresh and innovative vegan selections in Waikiki,” said Delia Romano executive sous chef at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort. “At Outrigger, we pride ourselves on bringing authentic Hawaiian experiences to guests and locals alike, and that includes crafting fresh local cuisine. We are proud to have updated our menus tailored to the needs of our guests following a healthy vegan lifestyle so they can have memorable and delicious culinary experiences when visiting our restaurants at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort.”
What’s on the Menu
Newly refreshed, The Reef Bar & Market Grill offers all-day casual dining options and pairs its ocean view with farm-to-beach, authentic Hawaiian cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients served daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Several vegan items are already available as specials, including a seared tofu bowl comprised of soy glazed sesame tofu, fresh fruits and vegetables; beyond meat tacos served in soft corn tortillas and topped with cabbage slaw, sweet ‘n sour maui onion, fresh guacamole and smoked salsa; and a veggie stack of tofu, cauliflower, zucchini and onion, which guests can order as a “grill your own” option. As part of its expansive breakfast buffet, plenty of freshly baked vegan items are also available including vegan pastries, muffins and breads, as well as the locally sourced tropical fruits to add to delectable acai bowls.
Exciting new additions to the vegan menu at The Reef Bar & Market Grill include:
- Breakfast tacos filled with flavorful soyrizo, tofu scramble, dairy free cheddar, topped with fresh pico de gallo
- A steamed bao bun filled with soy glazed pulled Jackfruit and crunchy cabbage
- Four variations of grilled corn on the cob, including a Mexican elote inspired option
- Caramelized gnocchi cooked with plump cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
- Vegan scallops sautéed with ali’i mushrooms, pea puree and roasted macadamia nuts
- Saffron risotto mixed with grilled seasonal vegetables, roasted garlic and red pepper coulis
- Hibiscus poached pear alongside an almond cake and sweet cream, topped with a scoop of strawberry sorbet
Those venturing poolside to Kani Ka Pila Grille at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort can look forward to delicious all-day dining in an open, relaxed dining atmosphere which doubles as a hot spot in Honolulu for live Hawaiian music. Those searching for a vegan selection will find the following on the new menu:
- Rich, homemade guacamole and fresh salsa served with corn tortilla chips made in-house
- Crispy cauliflower fritters served with a tequila boom boom sauce
- Jackfruit tacos filled with crunchy cabbage slaw, handmade guacamole and fresh pico de gallo
- Vegan banh m which includes ginger-lemongrass marinated tofu, pickled vegetables, sliced jalapeños, crisp cucumber, and a vegan sriracha aioli
To learn more about Outrigger Hotels and Resorts or book a stay, please visit www.outrigger.com.
Click here for a PDF of this release.
# # #