Outrigger Resorts expands its legendary sports partnership with University of Hawaii
RELEASE NUMBER 81/15
WAIKIKI, HONOLULU, HAWAII – Outrigger Resorts today announced it has expanded its longtime support of the University of Hawaii Athletics program at the highest level with the addition of an eighth titled tournament and even more fan fun at all Outrigger-sponsored games and tournaments throughout the 2015-2016 season. As a Diamond Corporate Sponsor, the company is among the top tier of UH Corporate Partners and builds on nearly 22 years of support for the ‘Bows.
“For more than two decades, Outrigger Resorts has been a valued partner of the University of Hawaii Athletics program and their support has enabled our student athletes to perform and compete at the highest levels,” said David Matlin, University of Hawaii athletics director. “As a Diamond Corporate Sponsor, Outrigger continues to raise its game year after year and we look forward to all of the fan events it has planned this season.”
“Whether you’re an athlete, a student, a parent or a fan, University of Hawaii Athletics provides endless excitement for us all here in the islands and we are proud to continue our support of the program,” said David Carey, president and chief executive officer for Outrigger Enterprises Group.
“This year, we’re excited to add Women’s Sand Volleyball to the roster of Outrigger-sponsored tournaments with the Outrigger Resorts Invitational next April,” Carey continued. “Plus, the Outrigger promo team will be at each Outrigger tournament and game with fun activities to engage UH fans.
“As a Hawaii company born and bred, we are committed to supporting the local sports community and nurturing the future leaders of our state,” Carey said.
During the 2015-2016 season, Outrigger Resorts will serve as the title sponsor for eight UH Athletics sporting events including:
- Women’s Soccer – Outrigger Resorts Soccer Classic, Aug. 21-23
- Women’s Soccer – Outrigger Resorts No Ka Oi, Aug. 27-31
- Women’s Volleyball – Outrigger Volleyball Challenge, Sept. 10-12
- Men’s Basketball – Outrigger Rainbow Classic, Nov. 13, 15 and 16
- Football title sponsor for the UH vs. Louisiana-Monroe game, Nov. 28
- Men’s Volleyball – Outrigger Volleyball Invitational, January 2016
- Baseball – Outrigger Opening Series, February 2016
- Women’s Sand Volleyball – Outrigger Resorts Invitational, April 2016
Outrigger Resorts will also continue as the hotel sponsor of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic on Dec. 22, 23 and 25. The tournament tips off on the 22nd, with Auburn (Southeastern Conference) pitted against New Mexico (Mountain West), BYU (West Coast) versus Harvard (Ivy League), Oklahoma (Big 12) versus Washington State (Pac-12), and Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley) against tournament host Hawaii (Big West). For more information, visit hawaiianairlinesdiamondheadclassic.com.
To build on the lively ‘Bows team spirit, Outrigger has planned a long list of fun fan activities throughout the season.
- Outrigger will distribute 17,000 ‘Go Bows’ branded flags to the first 300 fans at each home game this season for Men’s Basketball, Men’s Volleyball, Football and Baseball.
- University of Hawaii and Outrigger branded T-shirts will also be gifted to teams and used as prizes for lucky fans at the Outrigger Volleyball Challenge, the 21st Outrigger Volleyball Invitational and the Outrigger Rainbow Classic.
- At the Stan Sheriff Arena, fans are in luck as they will be able to take home coveted prizes during the paddle cam contest, halftime contest, and a keiki/tween drawing.
- Outrigger is also letting fans put their game face on with a halftime beach ball kick game at the Outrigger Resorts Soccer Challenge, and a football toss at the Louisiana-Monroe football game and more to win Outrigger swag.
- Throughout the season, fans can receive 15 percent off their food bill by simply showing their UH ticket stub at Kani Ka Pila Grille at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort, Giovanni Pastrami at Waikiki Beach Walk® and Jimmy Buffett’s Restaurant and Bar at the Holiday Inn Resort® Waikiki Beachcomber.
And finally, ‘Bows fans can get in the game with special rates at select Outrigger properties including Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, Outrigger Reef Beach Resort, Ala Moana Hotel, OHANA Hotels and Resorts and Airport Honolulu Hotel, valid through Dec. 21, 2015. These special SPORTS rates can be booked by visiting outrigger.com/sports.