Outrigger Wins Big at HM Awards for Hotel Excellence in Asia Pacific
RELEASE NUMBER 44|21
Outrigger in the South Pacific sailed away with five accolades: Outrigger sales team was represented by Lauren Jasprizza and Ben Johnson at the awards ceremony on December 3. [Download this image and others from the event HERE.]
Outrigger Hospitality Group dominated the 2021 HM Magazine Hotel Management Awards held at a black-tie event in Sydney Town Hall December 3, taking five accolades.
- Outrigger’s President and CEO Jeff Wagoner won Asia-Pacific Hotelier of the Year
- Darren Shaw of Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort won the South Pacific General Manager award
- The Fijian Property Award and Environmental Program were both won by Castaway Island, Fiji Resort
- Ben Johnson was recognized as the best Sales & Marketing Associate
- Steven Andrews of Castaway Island, Fiji Resort was Highly Commended in the South Pacific General Manager category
- Also from Outrigger, Javed Rahim and Rajnesh Kumar were finalists in the Revenue Management Associate category, and Navnit Reddy hailed as a Rising Star
The HM Awards for Hotel and Accommodation Excellence, have earned a reputation as the leading industry awards in the South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand. The awards celebrate the best properties, departments, people, chains and brands in the region. Each year more than 1,500 nominations are assessed to determine more than 40 category winners.
“On behalf of the entire Outrigger ‘ohana, we are both grateful and humbled by this recognition,” said Wagoner. “In challenging times for the hospitality industry, Outrigger hosts kept their heads high; they worked hard to prepare for the return of guests and that dedication was recognized at the HM Awards in Sydney.”
As an example, Outrigger initiated Outrigger’s Clean Commitment and worked closely with the Fijian authorities to implement the Care Fiji Commitment. Outrigger hosts created a safe and welcoming experience at its two resorts in Fiji, which reopened to international travel on December 1.
Outrigger has also enshrined environmental care at its Fiji properties through its global conservation initiative called Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE), which was recognized by the HM judges in the award for Castaway Island, Fiji Resort.
The HM Awards for Hotel and Accommodation Excellence have been operating for 19 years, attracting around 500 accommodation industry professionals to the gala award event annually. Details of the audited HM Awards judging process are available here.
Click HERE for a PDF of this release.
# # #