Score Hoops and Hops at Maui Brewing Co. – The Official Tournament Headquarters for the Allstate Maui Invitational
HONOLULU (Nov. 16, 2023) – With the shift of the 2023 Allstate Maui Invitational to Oʻahu while its traditional home court serves as a critical hub for Maui wildfire recovery efforts, Maui Brewing Company Waikiki is honored to be the Official Tournament Headquarters for the 40th annual preeminent college basketball tournament.
Maui Brewing Company Waikiki – located in the lobby level of OUTRIGGER Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel – will be the place to be throughout the tournament, starting with “Fan Fest 2023” on Saturday, Nov. 18 from 11:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. The family friendly “Fan Fest 2023” is open to the public with no entry fee or cover charge and will feature live entertainment, games and prizes alongside special food and drink offerings.
Attendees to “Fan Fest 2023” have the opportunity to hear a special performance by Jason Arcilla – the Maui musician and vocalist who recently competed in The Voice Season 24. His journey on The Voice helped bring positivity and joy to Maui during this challenging time for the island.
Guests are encouraged to participate in the “Hoops for ‘Ohana” Game Center, featuring shuffleboard, foosball and the ever-popular game of cornhole that can be played solo or with teams for bragging rights. Proceeds from the “Hoops for ‘Ohana” Game Center will support Hawai‘i Community Foundation’s #MauiStrong relief efforts.
Limited valet parking is available at OUTRIGGER Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel.
The 2023 Allstate Maui Invitational will take place at the Stan Sheriff Center on the campus of the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa from Nov. 20 to 22. For four decades this tournament has been a magnet for the nation’s top teams and this year’s field is no exception: Kansas (#1), Purdue (#3), Marquette (#5), Tennessee (#9) and Gonzaga (#11) alongside Syracuse, UCLA and home team, Chaminade.
More information and schedule can be found at www.mauiinvitational.com.
For fans not attending the games in person, Maui Brewing Company Waikiki is the Official Tournament Headquarters and will have live broadcasts of the games inside the restaurant after 11:30am. There will also be a live ESPN Honolulu broadcast with Maui Brewing Company CEO and Founder Garrett Marrero on “The Sports Animals” afternoon commentary.
Food and drink specials are available throughout the Tournament as well as Happy Hour Daily from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wear any Maui Brewing Company logo wear on Wednesday and get $2 off Maui Brewing Company beers all day! Live music will take place from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. from Monday through Wednesday.
Limited-time food specials include:
- Dynamite Fries: a large bowl of crispy fries – blown up! We drizzle the fries with spicy Korean mayo, unagi sauce, furikake and Korean chili powder.
- Fried Brussels Sprouts w/Smokey Mayo: flash-fried Brussels sprouts, served with a drizzle of smoky mayo and sprinkled with furikake. Served with a lemon for squeezing.
- Chicken Satay w/Spicy Peanut Sauce: chicken breast marinated in our Thai Curry Marinade – served on a bed of Baja Slaw, with our peanut-mac nut sauce and a lime wedge.
- Shrimp & Local Fish Ceviche: shrimp and hebi marinated in Leche de Tigre, combined with red onion, Fresno chile, cilantro, Okinawan sweet potatoes and served with crispy taro root chips.
- Seared Ahi Salad: A salad of tuna seared in a togarashi (Japanese spice) crust, served on a bed of won bok cabbage, local greens, carrot, bell peppers, Okinawan sweet potato, and cilantro – dressed with our Cilantro-Wasabi-Bikini Blonde Vinaigrette – served with avocado, hard-cooked egg, furikake goat cheese and fried won tons.
Special Fall-themed drink specials include:
- Smashing Pumpkins: Four Roses Bourbon, pumpkin spice syrup, lemon juice-bitters, ginger beer.
- Barrel & Herb: Kupu Spirits barrel-aged Gin, lemon juice, rosemary syrup.
- Cranberry Harvest Mule: Campo Tequila Blanco, cranberry ginger syrup, cranberry juice, ginger beer.
- Rum Cider: Cruzan aged rum, Dolin sweet vermouth, apple cider syrup, lemon juice.
- Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini: Ocean espresso, pumpkin spice puree, Bailey’s.
# # #
Click HERE for a PDF of this news release.