Team Outrigger Resorts descends on FTE in force
RELEASE NUMBER 46/16
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – A high level sales force representing Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort and Castaway Island, Fiji, gathered this week in preparation for the third annual Fijian Tourism Expo (FTE).
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort General Manager Peter Hopgood; Director of Sales and Marketing Ben Johnson; Director of Sales Petero Manufolau; and Sales Managers Darshita Naidu and Lauren Grech joined Castaway Island, Fiji, General Manager Steven Andrews; Regional Director of Sales and Marketing Asia Pacific Andrew Gee; and Director of Revenue and Distribution Asia Pacific Jason Zvatora to highlight the attractions of the two beachfront resorts to the global travel industry.
Hosted by Tourism Fiji at the Denarau Island Convention Center, the Outrigger Resorts team will seize the opportunity presented by FTE to promote the brand while mixing and mingling with hundreds of international buyers, travel trade media and industry partners.
Hopgood said some of the key messages to be carried by the Outrigger team would include:
- The FJD$500,000 (USD$244,000) refurbishment of Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort’s 900,000-liter family pool, including its surrounds and lighting and its re-opening on February 29.
- The unique services offered by Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort including the Talai Butler Service for guests staying in Bures and Deluxe Ocean View Rooms and suites; The Meimei Nanny Service which offers personalized care for children six months and older; the multi-award winning Bebe Spa Sanctuary; the signature fine dining Ivi Restaurant; authentic cultural experiences; and direct action community tourism projects.
- New package initiatives featuring community tourism to drive MICE business to the Coral Coast.
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort’s continued recognition by industry peers and travelers as underlined by it being named Best Deluxe Resort at the 2015 Fiji Excellence in Tourism Awards, Best Family Resort by Holidays with Kids magazine and being admitted to the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame.
- The reopening of Castaway Island, Fiji, on June 1 following repairs to damage caused by Tropical Cyclone Winston.
Castaway Island, Fiji General Manager Steven Andrews said that 14 of the island’s 64 bures had been either completely rebuilt or upgraded following the February cyclone.
“The island is looking great again and our hosts are ready and enthusiastic about the June 1 re-opening and returning to normal operation,” he said.
“In November we plan to devote the entire month to celebrating Castaway Island’s 50th anniversary which is a very exciting milestone,” said Andrews.
Vice President Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific, Mark Simmons, said that FTE represents a very important opportunity for the Outrigger Groups’ two Fiji resorts.
“Currently the majority of our market comes from the critical Australia and New Zealand region however this Expo can potentially further expand our brand awareness and business opportunities in North America and emerging international markets including China and Korea.
“The growth of the aviation market, specifically new direct flights from Singapore will also help facilitate growth from the greater Asian market,” he said.
During FTE the sales team will also highlight Outrigger Resorts ‘Signature Experiences’ which are offered to all guests at both Castaway Island, Fiji, and Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort as a means of immersing them in the destination. These include a local arrival greeting, welcome room amenity, local farewell amenity, a complimentary wedding vow renewal ceremony, cultural activities and displays and celebrations that include a local sunset and torch lighting ceremony and cultural entertainment in the resort’s restaurants.
FTE runs from May 2 to May 5, inclusive.