Outrigger Hospitality Group Celebrates Global Achievements by Honoring Exceptional Hosts and Properties
HONOLULU, HAWAII – As a grand finale to Outrigger’s 2019 Global Leadership Conference – Outrigger Hospitality Group announced its winners of the “The Outrigger Way Awards,” recognizing excellence in living, leading and sustaining The Outrigger Way of caring for hosts, guests and place, with the company’s values as its guide. The annual recognition honors Outrigger hosts, teams and properties that have made remarkable contributions to the ongoing success and evolution of the iconic hospitality company.
Spotlighting superior achievements at the property level – Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort took home theProperty of the Year Award. Three properties: Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, Hokulani Waikiki By Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk all earned the Ho‘omalama Award, celebrating exceptional dedication to the Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE) conservation program and community initiatives surrounding each property. Additionally, Monica Salter, vice president of corporate communications, earned the Chief Executive Officer Award, honoring her excellence in leadership at the executive level.
“The enthusiasm, teamwork and dedication that Outrigger hosts have toward providing exceptional hospitality at every level is both inspiring and invaluable as we continue to expand our global footprint and enhance our service offerings,” said Jeff Wagoner – president and CEO of Outrigger Resorts. “The Outrigger Way Awards are an opportunity to celebrate our successes and honor our colleagues who help make Outrigger an extraordinary place to work and stay.”
Honoring excellence in perpetuating local culture and traditions in the destinations surrounding its resort locations, Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort and Outrigger Guam Beach Resort received Paddle Awards for caring for hosts, guests and place. The following individuals, teams and properties were also presented with Outrigger Way Awards for outstanding achievements and surpassing company goals:
- Corporate Services Director of the Year – Bob Berges, Director of Operations, Vacation Ownership
- Corporate Services Host of the Year – Thitirat Karnchana-Arbhakul (Khun Boom), Corporate HR and Administrations Manager, Outrigger APAC Executive Office, Thailand
- Revenue Management Director of the Year – Keri Brown, Director of Revenue Management, Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger
- Sales and Marketing Director of the Year – Ben Johnson, Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Fiji
- Finance Director of the Year – Patchara Sommana (Khun Pat), Area Director of Finance, Thailand
- Human Resources Director of the Year – Ali Rasheed, Director of HR, Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
- Condominium and Timeshare Host of the Year – Shirlynne “Lala” Cruz, Guest Services Representative, Palms at Wailea Maui by Outrigger
- Hotels and Resorts Host of the Year – Donna Ferreira, Guest Services Representative, Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
- Condominiums and Timeshare Manager of the Year – Marianne Thesken, Business Manager, Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai By Outrigger
- Hotels and Resorts Manager of the Year – Janice Ng, Executive Housekeeper, Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger
- Condominiums and Timeshare General Manager of the Year – Jim Hill, General Manager, Aina Nalu Lahaina by Outrigger and Regional GM of Maui and O‘ahu
- Hotels and Resorts General Manager of the Year – Tony Pedroni, General Manager, Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
- Condominiums and Timeshare Property of the Year – Hokulani Waikiki By Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Click here for a PDF of this release.
# # #